Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Hell and High Wether

I am doubling up on posts today because yesterday was a solemn holiday to honor a very great human being and I spent much of the day reviewing his life. The glories of living in a peaceful herd of brothers and sisters who come in all sorts of marvelous colors, patterns, and shapes is something humankind has yet to fully embrace, but we goatkind have known such harmony since the time of the First Goat (pbuhh) and the Great Freshening.

In any case, it is not just a happy coincidence that this post is also about a caprine creature as documented by director Guillermo del Toro. Wait, maybe it is...no, no, no such thing as coincidences.

This featured creepy caprine is none other than Hellboy, from the eponymous film. (Can you tell that I've been eating...er reading...Word Power: How to Improve Your Vocabulary? It was delicious...er I mean it was enlightening.)

While Hellboy has goat horns, he's actually a demon from another dimension. He keeps his horns cropped, so he can fit in with the humans. I know how that goes.

He kind of reminds me of my Uncle Courage but with a less foul temper. Oh, and he also loves cats, so how bad can he be?

No comments: