Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Panning for Goats

This is Creepy Caprine Week and I was afraid that we would end up ruminating over a lot of B movies (no bee movies, only goat movies here).

But I am pleased to report that we start the week with a film that is this year's recipient of the Best Film of 2006 award by the National Society of Film Critics, Guillermo del Toro's gothic fantasy Pan's Labyrinth.

We have mentioned my relatives the fauns previously, but this one is very dreadful, as you can see.

However, he does seem to have some endearing qualities. Apparently, he is fond of children.

I can't wait to sit down with a bag of popcorn (well, a bag of anything really, it's the bag I actually savor) and watch it when it comes out on DVD. For some reason, they never let me into the movie theater, not even when it's a Kiddies' Matinee.

No comments: